29 December, 2010

Things I'm Thankful For (12/27 - 12/28)

Monday December 27th:
  • Joey and Chandler hanging out by themselves for the first time ever while I was at work
  • grilled cheese sandwiches
  • listening to Chandler laugh and be silly with his friends
  • my Secret Santa - I was convinced they had forgotten me, but I was surprised to find an art book and delicious treats on my desk today when I got to work!
  • the fact that I enjoy wrapping presents...especially at this time of year
  • Netflix
Tuesday December 28th:
  • spending my day celebrating the birth of my wonderful little boy, Chandler. 
  • the fact that I've had 11 years of unquestionable fun and happiness with one of the coolest kids ever
  • Dairy Queen ice cream cakes
  • Chris being a wonderful and supportive person to raise a child with
  • the fact that I don't feel (or hopefully look) old enough to have an 11 year old!
  • Chandler getting to spend his birthday surrounded by friends, laughter, and love
  • Joey spending his day with me and a house full of children...even though that's not a world that's familiar to him
  • McKenzie for being such a wonderful little girl and a remarkably great friend to Chandler
  • the way I felt when all the children went home and the house was clean
  • Joey being so great with Chandler and taking him out after everyone left to spend his gift card money...and paying the difference when Chandler didn't have enough
  • Joey and Chandler grabbing us dinner on the way home because they knew I was tired and beginning to not feel well
  • relaxing at the end of the day with my two guys
  • tucking Chandler into bed and having him thank me for such a fun birthday
  • spending my night curled up on the couch watching tv with Joey
  • NyQuil and the glorious sleep that comes from taking it!

1 comment:

  1. mitsya of the marsupialsDecember 29, 2010 at 5:59 PM

    you absolutely do not look old enough to have an 11 year old. more like your 11 year old's twin sister, thank you very much. i miss your youthful (& beautiful) face, my love!

    ReplyDelete